Lead paragraph for FAQs page.
Can you deliver to Ireland/ Channel Islands?
Yes, we have regular specialised delivery services that cover over to Northern, Southern Ireland and the Channel Islands on a weekly basis and have supplied mirrors to many satisfied customers there. The delivery cost varies on location, size and number of mirrors. For a quotation please email us with your required mirror (s) and delivery address or call us on 01635 818800.
Can you deliver to Mainland Europe?
It depends on which mirror(s) you are considering! We are able to ship part ( but not all of our range). Where we are able to ship, shipping prices can vary widely between £30 - £400 depending on which mirrors you require. For a quotation, before placing an order please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your delivery address and the mirror(s) you are considering and we will come back to you asap to let you know if it is possible.
Can you deliver to the USA,Canada, Australia, Middle East?
Unfortunately, we are not able to deliver any mirrors to non-European destinations.
What happens if I need my mirror really quickly?
Just email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you get your mirror in the time frame that you require. This may incur an extra delivery cost.
How do I know if the mirror I am interested in will look right in the space?
If you’re not sure what size of mirror to go for to fit your space, we advise making a template up to the appropriate size with newspaper/ large sheets of paper. Temporarily affix this to your wall and it will give you an approximation of how a mirror of that size would look.
Alternatively, if you’re still not sure, we are happy to provide a photoshopping service that cleverly allows you to 'virtually' see the mirror in situ on your own wall. Just email a picture of your wall space to firstname.lastname@example.org together with some measurements and your mirror will be superimposed onto your wall so that you can check the size and style with your own decor. Please allow 7 days for this service from the receipt of your photos and measurements.
What happens if I’m not home to receive delivery of my mirror?
We let you know in advance which day and approximate timeslot we will be delivering your mirror. If you know you are not going to be home, we are happy to leave the mirror in a safe place of your choice, or with a neighbour.
Can my mirror be hung either portrait or landscape?
Many of our mirrors will hang both ways and are supplied with fixings to hang either way. Where applicable, this information is detailed on the specific product page.
Can you make me a bespoke mirror as I have very specific size/ colour requirements?
That depends! The best thing is to give us a call on 01635 818800 to discuss your requirements and we will see what we can do!
What are Made-to-Order Mirrors?
These are mirrors that are specially made in the UK for you after receiving your order. Consequently you need to allow up to 28 days for these to be delivered to you. We will let you know the expected delivery date after order and full payment.
What if the mirror I want is out of stock?
We will be in touch with you within 24 hours of your order and advise you, either of suitable alternatives or let you know when your preferred mirror will be back in stock.
What if I don’t want to receive my mirror straight away after ordering?
That’s not a problem. Provided full payment is received we can store your mirror for you, and deliver at your convenience within 2 months of placing your order (subject to our normal delivery routes based on area and specific mirror).
What if I want to exchange or return my mirror?
All our mirrors, with the exception of Bespoke mirrors, are supplied with our money-back guarantee. If you are not happy with your mirror for any reason, simply contact us within 3 days of receiving your mirror for a full refund or exchange. We will arrange the collection/ exchange of your mirror at no cost to you*
How should I hang my mirror?
We supply appropriate fixings/hooks on our mirrors. DO NOT attempt to chain/wire/string between the fitted hooks. The fitted hooks must be hung safely, each hook onto its own secure wall fixing. IF IN ANY DOUBT, please seek the help of a suitable professional.
- At least two people are recommended to install the mirror.
- Hold the mirror against the wall in the desired position. Mark on the wall where you need to drill the holes, level with the hooks on the back of the mirror.
- Drill a hole and insert the appropriate rawlplug. Insert a screw and tighten, leaving the screw head exposed by about 1/4 inch(6mm).
- Now use the spirit level and make sure the other mark on the wall is level with the hole you have drilled.
- Repeat step 3.
- Lift the mirror into position ensuring that the fitted hooks on the back of the mirror are firmly hooked over the screw heads.
What equipment will I need to hang my mirror?
- Spirit Level
- Drill and appropriate drill bit
How should I clean my mirror?
- Combine some white or distilled vinegar with warm water.
- Use crumpled newspaper in a usable size.
- Clean the mirror first to remove any heavy dirt or marks. Use plain water to do the pre- cleaning. Use a cloth with a tight weave, which is soft and non-abrasive.
- Dip the newspaper into the vinegar after the pre-cleaning is finished. Rub the newspaper in slow circles across the mirror. Cover the entire surface of the mirror.
- Once you are satisfied the mirror is as clean as it can be, use the newspaper to dry the glass. Newspaper polishes the glass and gives it a sheen.(Make sure to use newsprint that does not run). If using paper towel instead of newspaper, use a clean sheet regularly. This ensures that no residue will remain.
How do I clean the decorative frame around my mirror?
To reach the dirt that is lodged in the creases and corners of intricate frames, use a moistened q-tip. This is probably the hardest and most time-consuming part of cleaning a decorative mirror. Compressed air can also be used to remove some of the build up in grooves; just take care not to hold it too close to the frame or glass itself.
What are your mirrors made of?
The ornate mirrors all have wooden surrounds which have been carved and moulded. The larger wooden mirrors are very heavy and it is always advised to have at least two people to lift these.
* Free Returns apply only to UK mainland returns. Non-Uk mainland returns will be charged.